Thursday, November 30, 2006

5 things you didn't know...

Okay, so in response to Eric 'tagging me' in this game of blog tag... here goes...
5 Things you probably didn't know about me..

1) I like cinnaman toast. It's where you mix some cinnaman into some brown suger, and then butter some toast and then spread it onto the bread. Yes, I'm aware that it's a pretty brutal thing to eat from a health perspective but when I was a kid, my parents and I had this one rare occasions and I loved it every time.

2) I have a real phobia of ever showering in public facilities. I just hate the very idea of it. Bad enough to have to be surrounded by other naked males, but ME do it? persish the thought!! :)

3) I have never stayed overnight in a hospital. The closest I've come was when I had hernia (sp?) surgery, but that was only day stuff.

4) The first date I ever went on was with a girl in grade 10, before I had my drivers license. We had to take the bus and went to see a movie at WEM. When we left we stood forever waiting for the bus, only to find out that the return bus to Southgate had stopped running. I flipped out and started swearing a blue streak! (sailors would have blushed) I was humiliated and had to phone my dad to come and pick us up. It was a nightmare and I never had the courage to ask her out again. What's interesting is that virtually every woman I've ever told that story to over the years has said that I totally should have asked her out again and that my NOT asking her out was the worst part of the story. Her name was Andrea and she had long brown hair down to her waist. (I was really into long hair back then!)

5) Writing is something that I really enjoy. During most of my years in school, I was quite good at writing and even took a class in high school called 'creative writing'. Once I got into University my writing skills were used for papers and not much else. I've gotten away from it but have always wanted to get back to it. That's part of the attraction of having a blog is to discipline myself to get back to it. I'm a long way from where I was!

I'd tag somebody else, but most of the people I'd tag have already been tagged.....so there! :)

No comments: