Monday, September 08, 2008

I Can't Stand Lou Dobbs!!

Tonight Lou Dobbs began an 'Independent Convention', which follows the Democratic and Republican conventions. (it sounds far more grandiose than it actually is. In reality it's Dobbs normal show with a studio audience of average Americans that never actually get to take part in the 'convention'!)

Amazingly, this bonehead gets paid to promote his opinions on CNN!

Here is my big beef with Lou Dobbs: he continually insults the American federal government and says how stupid everyone in government is, yet REFUSES to step up to the plate at actually DO anything. He won't run for any public office where he could actually try to fix all the problems he seems to have all the answers to.

I'm not saying that there are no problems in American government, but Dobbs just sits on his high horse at CNN at spouts off all his ivory tower type opinions about what should be done.

Dobbs repeatedly speaks about the 'American people', referring to the average American citizen, whom he believes have all the answers themselves and have more common sense than anybody in Washington. It's just empty rhetoric! If the situation is SO bad and the the American people are SO smart, then why are there not riots in the street seeking to overthrow the 'Washington elite'?

On November 4th, tens of millions of these 'American people' will go out and vote and willingly take part in supporting the electoral system that Dobbs says is so broken and dysfunctional.

As I've said, I think that Dobbs is pointing out some important problems and issues that need to be raised but it's the overwhelming cynicism and insulting commentary that goes on day after day, week after week that gets me so angry.

It's easy to say the 'system is broken', but why doesn't Dobbs get off his high horse, run for office and try to actually fix something?

1 comment:

JBragg20 said...

I cannot believe how precisely you have defined my thoughts every time I watch this sorry excuse for a man rant and rave. Unfortunately, my wife likes him, otherwise I would never have to listen.