Friday, April 25, 2008

thoughts

As I was praying today, the Lord drew my attention to a passage of Scripture:
To keep me from becoming conceited... there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor. 12:7-10

As I was praying God brought the phrase 'I will glory in my weakness' into my mind. I knew that it was from Paul's writings and I soon found it in 2 Corintians 12.

I was bit taken aback, as I had never really thought about 'glorying in the weakness' of these circumstances. Sure, I was familiar with the passage, but had not applied it in this way.

What also strikes me is how little I wanted to do it. I still would much rather have the circumstances change!

I am also impacted by the reality that I am not allowing God's grace to be sufficient for me. (How's that for a wake up call!)

All this requires more prayer and thought... probably just prayer!

No comments: