Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's time

Well it's time to get back to the world of blogging.

I took a break for the past while because I simply couldn't think of anything to blog about. Certainly there was lots to say and I was not lacking in thoughts and questions, but most of them were too private and personal for the internet! (I like blogs but I'm still a fairly private person and utterly refuse to allow this blog to be some sort of public journal for anybody to peer at... obviously there is a 'journal' dimension to any blog, but I do have my limits)

On that note, here is a bit of a 'journal style' blog update:

I am now unemployed and spend much of today applying for work.

The last 2 weeks have still been filled with many Canopy things: as with the death of a family member, so too it is with the death of a church community. There are all sorts of things to be cleaned up and details to be seen to and loose ends to be tied up. It's a process that seems to prolong the pain of death, but that's just part of life.

This Thursday will, in all likelihood, be the final day of it all for me. I will have removed all my belongings, cleaned up the last bits and turned in my key. That will be hard. There will be a finality to closing the door for the last time that I am sure will hit me.

This past weekend our small group went out of town together for good time away. It was a lot of fun, (although I'm still trying to remove the mothball smell from my clothes...LOL) On Sunday we had a 'cleaning bee' at The Canopy, which also was really good. So its felt a lot like things are still continuing, even though they are not.

It's strange getting up in the morning and not rushing off to the church or meeting with people in the day. Today I spent down in my new 'study' at home and didn't talk to anyone. I had lunch alone. I drank tea, applied for jobs and enjoyed the warmth of my space heater in my study.

I've applied for employment insurance, but there's a 6-8 week processing period. Hopefully I'll have something figured out by then...

I think I'll leave it there for now, but hopefully I'll get back into blogging and be able to share some of my other, more normal kind of thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, about time. Good luck with the mothball smell. I think I will be the last one to do something for the Canopy - close the bank account. I just have to wait for all the cheques to clear. I hope that doesn't take to long because it certainly does prolong the pain.