Monday, February 25, 2008

Invited

Far away but invited
Distant but sought
wandering and apathetic
It's time to go back
Time to see
Time to hear

If I lie on the beach will I soak up the sun?
Will feel the warmth?
Can I breath in the air?

Will I stand up or will I sit down?
Will I run with the horses or fall in the thicket?

The jug is cracked
water lost
lips parched

And I, I want to be like a tree
planted by the streams of living water
I want to be unmovable
unshakable
let my roots go down
let them go down deep
rooted and grounded

A hand lifted high
yet eyes remain closed

The yearning soul
the longing spirit

A feast of rich food
a banquet of aged wine
a honey pot on the shelf
honey from the rock

2 comments:

Brad Jersak said...

Can we post the poem on Clarion?

Time for some honey lager.

bj

Anonymous said...

Dude, I had no idea you were a poet!

That's really good, at least to my uneducated ear...