Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Peripheral Vision

Tonight I decided to go down to Kinsman to work out.  Pam bought me a month pass for Christmas, so I'm diligently trying to use it!  Most of the time I go in the morning, but today was totally booked up so I thought I'd go in the evening.

I will NOT be doing that again.  It was packed. When I first got there the parking lot was so full that I assumed a special event was going on.  I had to park in the overflow lot. (which is actually better because it's closer to the main entrance than the further away spots in the normal lot)

I'd planned on doing some weight training but immediately recognized that my plans needed to change as there were simply way too many people in the weight room.  I decided to ride the bike and go for a brief jog.

As is my custom, I ended with some time in the sauna, but it too was quite full which wasn't all bad but I just don't like being too near other sweaty people.

This leads to the point of all this: later, as I was leaving the shower area, out of the corner of my eye something bizarre caught my peripheral vision.  My head shot to the left only to have my visual senses assaulted by this very large naked man standing on a scale, who was extremely tanned and had the most nasty tan lines..... well I'll let your imagination figure it out....

Damn!

What on earth was this guy thinking?  BTW, he wasn't at all 'buff-in-the-stuff', so it's not like... oh never mind.

Have you ever noticed that in locker rooms it's the older people who seem to wander around in the 'all together'?  Pam says it's the same way in the women's change room too.  I've enjoyed this month long pass to Kinsman, but I have to say that I've definitely had my fill of male nudity!  

Most of the time I am very thankful that I have very good vision.... most of the time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, it's the problem with the strange head, you just shouldn't have looked left. I'm amused. :)

Jim Hall said...

amusement.
mission accomplished!

EGB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
EGB said...

Dude! Time to get some blinders - I mean, you could cause serious and permanent damage with an image like that... "Ahh! My eyes! My eyes!"