Friday, February 06, 2009

Standing

Last night I had the image in my mind (not a vision) to me being in a shelter and then making the choice to walk outside of the shelter wearing only a pair of shorts. When I did so, dozens of birds suddenly descended on me and furiously pecked at me; they didn't kill me but I was a bloody mess when they were done, as I attempted to crawl back to the shelter.

For me this is a spiritual picture of my choosing to leave the secret place and not having any covering (such as the armor of God).
I do so at my own peril. I've done it before and yet somehow do it again. Such decisions defy logic and reason.

the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we are not the brightest lot, been there, done that. The good part though is that we can go back to the shelter; it doesn't become closed and locked. And we can be covered again.