Wednesday, December 05, 2007

1:48:35

Well, I'm back from Las Vegas and running in the Vegas Half Marathon!
It was unlike anything I've been part of before!


It was a fantastic experience and I ran it in 1hr. 48min. 35sec. (my official chip time!) My previous best time was 1:57 for the half, so I took off about 9 minutes from my previous personal best time, so I am VERY happy with my time.

There were 8166 people who finished the half, and my overall place was 659th (529th among the men)




There were about about 20 people from our clinic who trained for the event, and I knew between 12-15 of them. (some were training for the walking half and full events, and others rarely came to the clinic runs)

The weather was pretty good on race day. I was a bit worried on Saturday when we arrived because it was very windy, but on Sunday, there was no wind.



I think that nearly everybody in our group was really pleased with their times in the race. It was too bad that because of the size of the race, we couldn't see most of our friends arrive across the finish line.

I'll have more to say on the whole experience soon, but for now, that's how the race went!

No comments: