Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Black out


Society loves to see people fall.

Today in papers around Canada and the U.S., stories tell the sentence given to Conrad Black and also to Michael Vick.

So here is some more various thoughts I've had as I read today's Journal:

1) I'm glad that the Conrad Black thing is over, simply because I just didn't care. I'm sure he's an arrogant guy, but I don't care whether he goes to jail very much.

2) Disgraced Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was sentenced to nearly 2 YEARS for his involvement in an illegal dog fighting operation. Look, I think what he did was wrong; he broke the law. I also like dogs but come on....lets get real! 2 YEARS for dog fights and cruelty to animals? There are drunk drivers who get WAY less of a sentence.... So let's see here: dog fighting or DRUNK DRIVING....which is more serious? If Vick deserves 2 years, then drunk drivers deserve a LOT stiffer a sentence than most of them get!

3) On the front page was a story of a young man who got a car insurance renewal notice for $104,000. He had 10 speeding tickets and 3 accidents on his record. Sure, nobody can afford that amount for insurance, but THAT'S THE POINT! The guy shouldn't be driving. AT ALL! The guy is 19 for crying out loud. Thankfully the young man is moving to B.C. At least I won't have to worry about being on the same road as the guy!

4) There's a crappy story about a retired school teacher who got trapped inside a toilet at a lawn bowling club for 4 DAYS!!! The door jammed and the handle fell off on the outside. He had no cell phone with him. I would have gone completely insane!


So not too many deep thoughts this time; sometimes it's nice to keep it on the lighter side of things!

No comments: