Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reflections

This morning I spent time in John 4:1-42. As I read I wrote down some of my observations:

v. 6 Jesus was tired by the journey... I love that... sometimes I feel tired too!
v. 7 Despite being tired, Jesus saw the divine opportunity and responded to it.
v. 10 Do I know who it is that loves me today? Do I know who it is who is looking at the response of my heart?
v. 14 The promise of springs of living water on the inside... astounding!
v. 22 Salvation comes from the Jews... there is lots there.
v. 23 God desires worshipers
v. 34 'My food is to do the will of him who sent me' Jesus desired to obey
v. 35 Don't say 'four months from now'.... no excuses; no delays; the time for salvation is NOW
v. 40 'They urged him to stay...and he stayed 2 days'... link to v. 9 'Jews do not associate with Samaritans)
v. 43 Initial faith based on the testimony & faith of another; further, deeper faith when they hear and know Jesus themselves!


Here's a prayer I wrote afterward:

Today Jesus I want to know you personally again. I want to really know who you are. I NEED to know you. I want living water flowing like a stream inside me. I want to have life on the inside. Bring restoration. Come, make all things new. Come and make all things new! Cause my response to be to worship you in spirit and truth, and the desire of my heart will be to obey you so that I might now stray from you. And I will have boldness to testify and speak of you to others; no more excuses saying 'it's not the time'; let me find the strength that comes from doing what you want me to do...yes, out of the overflow of my heart I will speak!

2 comments:

John said...

Amen brother!!

adit said...

i know that you would be far from offended if i made your prayer - my prayer - thanks.
adit