Monday, October 29, 2007

Something I Saw

One of my Monday morning habits is to open up the paper to the culture section of the Edmonton Journal and look at the weekend box office movie report. I'm curious to see what the top films were and how much money they made. Meaningless information, I admit, but I'm a curious monkey!

This weekend the horror movie Saw IV came out and I was quite surprised this morning to see how well it did at the box office. The Saw movies come out each year at Halloween and this forth installment ran up an opening weekend of $32.1 million in the U.S and Canada. The franchise of movies have taken in a combined total of $165 million worldwide! This is truly staggering.

$32 million, despite being panned by virtually every reviewer around!

What grabbed my attention and made me laugh this morning was the quote in the Journal by Gitesh Pandya of Box Office Guru saying "Audiences have a very healthy appetite for this particular brand of horrr."

HELLO? LOL! While I understand what he's trying to say, the ironic word play is simply too much! How on earth can you have a 'healthy' appetite for torture horror movies? There is nothing remotely healthy about choosing to watch such things.

Anyhow, that's my ramble for today...

just something I Saw today in the paper!!

No comments: