Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Jim & Al's Excellent Adventure Pt. I.5

So it's 9 a.m. now and after a good night of sleep, Al and I are ready to go!

We ended up staying at the local Holiday Inn (other motels were full and at 2 a.m., you don't have energy to shop around!)

Last night, the greasy night guy named 'Ole' told us our room was poolside, which really didn't matter too much, but this morning I awoke and saw the pool and I have to say, it's amazing. My kids would love it! There's a pretty decent water slide and a big play area for little kids, kind of a small version of the new area at WEM waterpark.

One classic moment last night was Ole informing us of the various amenities of the hotel, when he said, "as of last week, we now have a free continental breakfast; it's located beside the pool'. The tone he used made the comment so funny... mainly because to me, continental breakfasts are about as common as Orange juice, but Ole seemed so impressed as if this was some impressive leap forward in hotel amenities. Nevertheless, Al and I were quite happy to hear it and enjoyed it this a.m.

This morning as I looked over to the pool area, I saw a rather incorporated middle aged man sitting with his family in the hot tub, drinking a diet coke. Not something you often see at 9 a.m. in the morning. As for me, I had some cereal and toast, with marmalade (I looked for honey, but alas, none could be found!).

America certainly has different products for sale. Not only could you have your normal breakfast foods, you could also purchase various snacking foods, such as M&M's and chocolate bars. They also had a snack I'd never heard of before, called a 'Salted Nut Roll'. I have to confess that I'm not a 'salted nut roll' type of guy (not that there's anything wrong with that!!) ;)

Anyhow, so we're pretty close to being on our way, for another fun-filled leg of our journey to IHOP.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

John said...

mmmmmm.... salted nut roll....

TheCanopy.ca is live now in this part of the world. See if it is live where you are.

Blessings!
John