Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rain

It's rained pretty much the entire time we've been here in Banff. Incredible. It has been great to be at such a wonderful hotel facility... we've spent more time here than we normally would.

Today we went horseback riding. I haven't done that in nearly 20 years. It was great to see Josiah up on a horse and Rebekah looked so cute with pig-tails and cowboy boots! (Rebekah did a horsemanship option at camp this year, so she had more experience than all of us!)

Josiah was such a trooper on the horse: a couple of times his horse didn't want to cooperate and another time he lost hold of the reigns, which scared him a lot. I was very proud of my 6 year old!

We've been eating in our hotel room most of the time, which saves a lot of money. Tonight we're having mini-pizzas and hot chocolate. (not exactly the peak of nutrition, but hey, we're on vacation!)

I'm going to scarf down my pizza and head off to the hot tub, which I've been enjoying a lot of. I've always loved hot-tubs ever since I was a kid, and this one is a really good one. Josiah likes it too; Rebekah is more like Pam, who can take them or leave them.

That's about it for now. Not too many deep thoughts right now. Just enjoying the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a hot tub at our family vacation last year. While near the hot tub somebody said "I have to go pee" and my 6 year-old nephew said "why don't you go in the the hot tub, that's what I do."