Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jim & Al's Excellent Adventure Pt. III

I appologize for the lack of posts lately. We are supposed to have free internet access in our room, but it has not been working well. I would have tried to get them to figure out the problem, but I've been pretty busy with other things.

Now I'm using the computer in the hotel lobbey (it's finally free)

Last night we were at the Encountering God service, and the honey was flowing, for sure. It was pretty off the charts to be awesome. Mike Bickle really knocked it out of the park with a great talk and then Jill Austin led the ministry time which was crazy intense. From my perspective, last night alone was worth the trip down here. It's been quite a while since I've been at that kind of meeting. (yes, Abbotsford was wild and crazy but like I said in an earlier post, the honey here is a different flavor)

Today I went to church at Forerunner Christian Fellowship, which is the Sunday Church 'wing' of the IHOP missions base. Al and I will be going tonight, but I wanted to see what it was like at the 10:30 a.m. service (they have 3 services each Sunday). It's interesting to go to FCF because the crowd of people at the services is quite different than at IHOP. IHOP mostly consists of full time and part time intercessory missionaries and various students with the various IHOP schools and internships; On Sunday you see more families and normal Kansas City folk, so the 'intensity' level is noticibly lower. It's just an interesting difference.

I will try to take time to blog again very soon, so stay tuned!

No comments: