Thursday, August 07, 2008

Jim & Al's Excellent Adventure Pt. II

Al and I arrived at Kansas City last night around 10 p.m. It was a good day of driving but we were both more than ready to finally get there! We both agreed that it was a very good idea to break the trip up with some sleep!

Al was pretty tired and wanted to chill out at the hotel, but I couldn't wait and had to get over to IHOP. I thought I'd stay for just a while, but when I got there, plans changed! When I walked in, there were about 600 people there and they were in Song of Songs... just perfect in my world!!

It was awesome! I loved it. It's simply great to be here. Right now I'm typing in the coffee shop at the IHOP missions base.

Today Al and I were at the 10 a.m. slot and it shot off the intensity meter, pretty much from the start. They are getting ready for the CALL DC, which Lou Engle is heading up. The CALL is a young adult ministry that Lou leads here in the States and they have a few enormous gatherings each year, and next week there will be one in Washington, DC. They are praying for that event in major way here and they gathered around Lou and prayed for him and spent quite a while doing prophetic declarations over him and the CALL DC. Some of the declarations were really over the top (neither good or bad). Mike Bickle led the time along with Allan Hood. Cory Russell was there too, as was Jill Austin, who spend quite a long time prophesying over Lou. (I realize those names won't mean much to most, but at least one reader knows who they are!)

Al and I had lunch at TGI Friday's, which was the inspiration for the old Maxwell Taylor's in Edmonton. It's a great restaurant and one that we'll go to again for sure! There is also a Fuddruckers, here in Kansas City too, so we'll be going there too.
We honored the tradition of going to Fudd's in Sioux Falls on the way down. Man that was a good meal!

We don't have a camera (Pam needed mine) so we won't be able to take any pictures, which is a definite bummer. Al and I had a great idea for a picture at Fuddruckers! LOL

What else to say.... hmmmmmm......

In some ways it's hard to describe the more serious dimension of things, which is happening now that we're at the prayer room. I think that reading about the experiences of other people is sometimes difficult, because you can't really appreciate what's happening when you're reading about it.

So I'm hoping to be able to continue to have some humorous things to share with you, but we'll see how it goes.

(If any of you friends back home are wanting to hear about anything specific, please feel free to leave me a comment)

Sadly, the bookstore has been a bit of a disappointment this time around. Not a lot of new material.

Tomorrow the Healing and Deliverance seminar begins, so we'll see how that turns out. We're both going into it lightly, in that we're here more for the prayer room than the seminar; probably we'll go to some of the main sessions, but not the breakouts. (Eric, you get the idea!)

For those faithful readers wondering if I've encountered any honey yet, I can say that it's beginning to drip, but it's a different type of honey than in Abbotsford. No honey glory yet, (On the way in to KC, we drove by 'honey creek', and I laughed. I told Al that if it had been 'honey river', I would have had to buy a camera.... bathin' in the honey!!.... let the reader understand) :)

Well, it's about time to head over to the prayer room. Luke Wood is leading from 10 - midnight, so Al and I are stoked about that. Should be a really good set.

1 comment:

N said...

It sounds very exciting! Keep having fun with God.